Student Eligilibility and Selection
The requirements are –
- They are 15 and under 19 years age
- Their teacher or group leader or someone who knows them well feels they will gain considerable benefit from a training voyage on the One & All.
- Without sponsorship it is unlikely the student would be able to go on a One & All training voyage.
- The student has not previously been on a One & All training may be selected.
There are a number of options a club has in obtaining a student to sponsor. We recommend the club does this themselves if possible.
- One of the most successful ways to do this has been by somebody who knows the student well recommending their participation. This could be through a teacher at a school the club works with, a coach of a sporting team the student is in or the leader of a group such as scouts where the student participates.
- A second method is for someone in a Rotary club who knows a young person well and feels they would be suitable (could be a relative) nominating them.
- A third method is for a club who feels they are unable to locate a student themselves or who have failed to find a suitable one to ask the committee to locate one for them. The committee through “Friends of the One & All” has contacts in many schools and other groups and is generally able to locate a good student living or going to school not far from your Rotary club.
- Whichever selection methods a club chooses to find a student it is strongly recommended a small group from the club interview the student to ensure they are happy with the candidate.